Friday, September 24, 2010

I've Got Another Designer Apron Story to Share With You

Let me introduce you to Laurie.

While I was in the library talking to Martha about her turkey apron, Laurie told about us about her grandmother, Mama Liza.  

Mama Liza wore an apron just like the one Laurie is sporting.  Isn't it adorable?  Here is what she told me about this apron.  Her Aunt Rosie, knowing all the ladies in this family had sweet memories of Mama Liza in this apron, made all the females one by the very pattern of Mama Liza's.  My little research in the library provided a wonderful opportunity for Laurie to honor her grandmother and her Aunt Rosie by modeling this great Designer Apron for my blog.

Now there's one more part of this apron story that I'm sure many of you have similar memories.  

See those handy little pockets?  What do you think she kept neatly tucked inside them?  Yep...snuff!  It's no telling what you might find in those pockets.

Thanks, Laurie, for sharing your story and thanks Aunt Rosie for preserving the wonderful memory of special people in our lives.

Continuing to look for more apron stories.     


  


1 comment: