Friday, September 24, 2010

Meet Lisa

Well, I went to get my hair done the other day and guess what I saw.  You guessed it...a designer apron!  Imagine that!

This is Lisa.

She just moved to a shop in downtown historic Buford, Georgia.  The name of the shop is Advance Coloration.  Now you may be wondering why is she standing in a vault.  The shop's building was originally a bank and through the years the vaults have remained in the building.  It's a very cool place to get your hair done.

Back to the aprons.  Lisa went to work on my hair when I realized, she's wearing an apron!  I pulled out my handy camera and "wah-lah" another story for my blog.

Lisa's been wearing an apron for 30 years, not the same apron mind you, but something to protect her clothing from the coloring concoctions she mixes up and the infinitesimal number of hairs she has cut through the years.  The apron she wears today is a signature of the salon she works in, keeping a look of professionalism and uniformity about the salon.  

What does Lisa like about being a hairstylist? She said, "the camaraderie with clients."  She enjoys the instant gratification one feels from having a new look or color.  Isn't she cool?  And isn't that apron way cool?

 

Thanks, Lisa, for sharing your apron story with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment